Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

02 October 2006

Rochester Soccer Fan's - You Got What You Deserved

This past Saturday Night, Rochester Soccer Fans got exactly what they deserved…a shutout loss in the championship game of the USL Division 1 Soccer League. The Rochester Raging Referees did not achieve the holy grail of of all aspiring Soccer Champions.....they did not get the big pouch of Capri Sun and they did not get those yummy Sunkist Oranges.



Despite a lackluster new home stadium and a season filled with ties, the referees managed to still make it to the finals where they were cut down by the Vancouver Whitecaps. Hey, losing in Soccer is better than winning, but not to a team filled with players with names like Gord, Logan, Liam, Cole, Aiden, and Horton. Perfect. A non-sellout crowd of 9,547 fans sat in the cold and rain and watched the Whitecraps score 3 goals and their goal blocker guy drink up Timmy H coffee all night while Crapchester's sputtering offense completely shit the bed. And wait a minute. Not even a sellout crowd for the Championship game? What is this, an Atlanta Braves Home Playoff game? Here in "Soccer Town USA" we couldn't even sellout the game? Surely the cold and rain would have kept a large number of the local hoods the inside making that stroll through the ghetto to get to the stadium a tad bit safer.

All I know is that another shitty Soccer season has ended. Thankfully. Now I will have more time to focus on the fact that the giant aluminum abortion that the Rhino's play in, is a complete waste of money. This thing makes the Fast Ferry seem like a good idea. So Ref's, Soccer Fans, and all associated things like Violence, murder, riots, looting, shooting, blood bombs, urine bombs, ole chants, eat it. Soccer sucks. The Rhinos blew it (first team to lose at home in the title game). And you all got what you deserved.

Out.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    Wow. You sure did a lot of research to produce stats for a game which you had no idea was even taking place.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger 'Don' Cialini said…

    Actually Mr. Wizard I went to the Ref's home page and read there article right on the opening page. Gave me all the ammo I needed....Don't get pissy because you were one of those moron's sitting in the rain freezing tht ass off (not an easy task) to watch Rochester get shut out.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger James W said…

    How many sellouts did the Red Wings have for their first playoff appearance in over half a decade?

    Oh yeah, they would have killed to get over 9000 fans to a game..............

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger 'Don' Cialini said…

    j_b: The Wings frequently had over 9,000 fans to their home games. I can't be positive on the number of sellouts however. BUT, with 70 some odd home games, sellouts won't be a premium. Oh, and I was the first one saying how disappointed I was in the turnout for the Wings playoff games. I know the weather sucked, but that only goes so far. However, I can at least admit that. You can stay in "defend soccer" mode all you want.

    kks: I already addressed the playoff and attendence thing about. As for me being a loser...I'm not the soccer fan here. And I am a HUGE supporter of Rochester in almost all things. I don't/didn't support 2 things...Soccer and the Fast Ferry. Sue me. They were going to tear up Frontier Field to make it more "Soccer friendly" but were able to secure their own aluminum abomination of a stadium. Rochester is a Soccer town allegedly and did hey sell that place out once this year? Its not like they have lots of home games throughout the year.....

    spinning_webs: Dude "goe"? You give retards a bad name. You're what happens when someone from the Mary Cariola Center gets loose on the internet. I'm more of a real Crapchestarian than you are and I'm hardly giving Italians a bad name. I mean who knen allegedly that an Italian not liking Soccer means he is a horrible Dago. Well done.

    And I will watch my millionare baseball. Don't think for one second Soccer Player wouldn't take that money IF they could generate enough revenue to buy something other than a team meal at the KFC Buffet.

    Oh, and Mark...the Soccer honk who got this started is a HUGE baseball fan. More so than Soccer even. And worse yet, he is a Yankee Fan. The epitomy of all that is wrong with sports.

    Who's Next?

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    I am not touching Cialini's last post.

    Sincerely,
    Spell Check

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger 'Don' Cialini said…

    Naw, just typing with fervor...it leads to mistakes. That or the fact Soccer is the topic which drops one's IQ points by 90. And let me save the first clever fellow...no, that doesn't leave me with 1, 2, or any other low IQ number.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger James W said…

    j_b: The Wings frequently had over 9,000 fans to their home games. I can't be positive on the number of sellouts however. BUT, with 70 some odd home games, sellouts won't be a premium. Oh, and I was the first one saying how disappointed I was in the turnout for the Wings playoff games. I know the weather sucked, but that only goes so far. However, I can at least admit that. You can stay in "defend soccer" mode all you want.

    Sorry, but there is nothing that I see that needs defending with regards to soccer.

    All I want is a same microscope turned on all sports teams in this city that seems to have been aimed at the Rhinos this year.

    Is having one standard an unreasonable request?

    The Rhinos drew over 19,000 fans to two playoff games this year.

    And people like to say that attendance is disappointing and try and use the public funding for PAETEC Park as a reason to lash out.

    Well, what about the tens of millions that went to build Frontier Field? What about the million plus PER YEAR that Monroe County is pumping into Frontier Field?

    And the Red Wings can't even get the stadium half way filled for a playoff series when they haven't had a playoff appearance in what, 8 years?

    All I'm asking for is a little consistency. Is that really too much to ask?

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger 'Don' Cialini said…

    Like I said, I was very critical of the poor turnout for the playoff games. However, the total attendence for the year was around 480,000 which is very good. I'm very fair on criticism.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home