Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

20 October 2006

Yankee Fan Remixed

Last night, my beloved NY Mets fell to the St. Louis Cardinals in game 7 of the NLCS. Congrats to the Cards. They came to play. The Mets had plenty of chances to win in the 4 games they lost. No excuses. The Mets failed to execute. They had the bases juiced in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out and the Mets star player stuck out with his bat on his shoulder. Again, all the credit to the Cardinals. The Mets have a solid core and if they can get some healthy pitching maybe '07 will be the year they break through.

Never the less, once the Mets lost, my biggest concern was Asshole Yankee Fan. And as I write this, at 6:37am Eastern Standard Time I have already had one encounter with Asshole Yankee Fan and I know there are plenty more coming. My initial encounter went like this. A co-worker and non-Yankee/Met Fan asked me if I was ready for my beatdown from Yankee Fans. I said that I'm ready but Yankee Fan has nothing to say technically since they were chucked out of the playoff's a couple weeks back. Then real Yankee Fan who sits near me and also doubles as Asshole Yankee Fan piped up. He said Yankee Fan has nothing to say? "How about 26 World Championships". Fucking perfect. How could I forget when Asshole Yankee Fan (AYF) has to break out the 26 titles to justify them talking shit. I fire back with them living in the past. A defense they love to use against anyone else when they talk about their teams last WS win. Of course this is unacceptable to Yankee Fan. That interrupts his double standard.

So, while your Don has to deal with this BS all day long. Think of me. I'll be looking for Real Yankee Fan as well to a good ole baseball discussion. Show yourselves and counteract your asshole brethren.

*And for the record, I am representing today with my NY Mets Jacket and my NY Mets David Wright Jersey. I haven't seen any Yankee gear around here since they lost.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    Sorry about the loss. The Mets really stepped up in the pitching department during this series, and they almost pulled it out.

    No one can say they didn't come to play.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Someone, and I think it was my buddy Willie Moe, said that no Yankee fan should count the number of Championships that the Yankees won before they were alive. Which means that most people around the age of 30 can really only claim like 5 or 6 tops.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home