Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

17 December 2007

Blog Wars! I Hope

In the midst of the Holiday Season, its easy to fall into the doldrums that can be caused by the stress of holiday shopping, family, money etc. It's now that its even more important that at any other time throughout the year, to find something you can cling on to and use it to catapult your mood back to a happy level. Well, my cumpare Mark has provided me an opportunity to snap out of it so to speak. See, Mark is one of those uppity beer type snobs. If his pint doesn't cost at least $8.00 at whatever bar he is keeping in business that night, he thinks it sucks. Another friend of mine (not to be confused with "friend of ours" - no Micks allowed because they are pretty much the worst gangsters…but I digress) Bill is one of those uppity beer drinkers as well. Hey, to each their own you know? I like the beer the majority of this great land likes and that’s good enough for me. I don't need fruit in my beer, or nifty little names like "Magic Hat" and so on. Bill is part of a consortium that use their beer snob-ness to create the Beerjanglin' blog. Yet another digital fish wrap that I might occasionally read. I'm sure there is good info posted by the members there, however I'm just not into beer enough to make it part of my daily web routine when looking for updates. Mark's blog offers a few bits of history here and there as well as a lot of local Rochester beer news, so I tend to get into that one more. Never the less, each blog stands strong in it's own right.

Now, Mark and Bill have met once a couple years back when Mark and I made an I-90 roadie to Sorrycuse to catch a AAA ballgame. Sometime after Mark became a regular reader of Beerjanglin' and has frequently stated how good the blog is. However, all good things come to an end. Recently Mark took exception to something Beerjanglin' member Willy Moe posted on the blog. Not being able to take what was said, Mark broke out with an internet backhand that can be read here. Watching one beer dork try and get over on another is like watching a WNBA game. You don't care about it. You probably won't be interested in the game long enough to see the outcome, its horrible, but like a bad train wreck it just gets your attention.

I'm sure you, my loyal reader are sitting there wondering why in the blue hell do I care so much about this and how is it going to help get my out of the Holiday doldrums. Well, here it is. I enjoy it when one person gets into another and then vice versa. Nothing physical or overly mean mind you, but a good old fashioned throw down. See, while I know Mark reads Beerjangling, I'm not sure Bill and or the Boys read Beercraft. So, its my duty to get out my Mariano Rivera World Series style and start dumping gas all over these two blogs. Maybe Bill reads mine and tells his boy Willie Moe. Maybe Willie Moe gets fired up and reads Marks blog so he can craft a fiery response. Maybe Willie Moe comes back swinging and takes a run at Mark. Mark, thinking he is pretty good at the diss game might load up another blast. After that Willie Moe might want to swing back. Before I know it, these guys are throwing down and I'm loving it and BAM!, holiday blues are gone.

Of course, Bill could not care. Willie Moe might not give a rats ass. Mark doesn't keep it up as if this was his sex life and there is no good brouhaha. My holiday depressions deepens and before I know it, I'm drinking $8 pints with Mark. Oh the freakin' horror!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Not every difference of opinion has to devolve into childish blogwars and taking things personally. I enjoy a good blogwar as much as the next guy, but they are usually perpetuated by infantile bloggers who care less about having meaningful dialect than about slinging ad hominem attacks in the absence of any kind of skill in debating or rhetoric.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger 'Don' Cialini said…

    Whats your point?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home